Attending the funeral of a 67 year old man recently and hearing about the death of a fellow HS classmate yesterday who passed away with cancer makes me think about life.
- Talk to your family, it’s all we have. Spending time with them is all so important.
- Stop being mad. Life is too short and precious.
- Say… YES to your children and grandchildren. Stop yelling at them. Treat them how you want to be treated. Play games with them and take them to places of fun.
- Meet up with friends and have a coffee, lunch or dinner.
- Work out feuds with family members. Be the bigger person. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/valley-girl-brain/202101/should-you-be-the-bigger-person?amp
- If you don’t like your job, get another one.
- Take vacations. Either a staycation or to a destination. Plan them, book them and GO on them. Life is too short to always be working.
- Stop blaming others for things that happen in your life. ONLY YOU can control your own behavior. Make CHANGES in your life. Do you want to be happy or do you want to be right?
- Stop complaining about things in life. People complain about everything. Just stop it. Nobody wants to hear you complain. Whatever you are complaining about ask yourself a few questions: Can you control what you are complaining about to make it better for you? A few examples: Weather, no. Work, yes. Friends, yes. Family, say you are sorry, apologize and begin to work out the differences. Driving, yes. If road rage bothers you, pull off to the side of the road and let the bumper drive pass you.
- Don’t let things bother you that people do. If they are being mean and/or hateful to others and you hear it, don’t engage, just clearly ignore the person and walk away. The best response is no response.
- Go to the doctor when you aren’t feeling 100%. Take care of the one thing nobody can take away from you, YOUR BODY! Don’t let the cost💰of a test, stop you from getting a yearly checkup. Take care of yourself! Nobody but you can do that for you, but YOU. Get regular doctor check-ups!
Live. Laugh. Love.
Time is precious.
Tomorrow isn’t guaranteed.
Laugh. Think. Cry. That’s a heck of a day, that’s a full day.
Have enthusiasm for life. Have a dream, a goal. You have to be willing to work for it.
Enjoy life. Work hard. Play hard. Relax harder.
Don’t give up. Don’t ever give up.
As Jim Valvano said it in 1993 when he was dying of cancer at the young age of 46. Do these 3 things everyday of your living life: Laugh. Think. Have your emotions moved to tears. – Jim Valvano. Listen to his 1993 speech! https://youtu.be/HuoVM9nm42E He passed away 58 days after giving this speech.
Talk / Text / Email me… Anytime.
talk or text 219-808-9888